Re: Mouse freezing

On 4/17/07, Angela Gavazzi <edv@goetheanum.ch> wrote:
> On 4/12/07, Angela Gavazzi <edv@goetheanum.ch> wrote:
> >
> > [USB mouse stops working on an Asus L5000, but touchpad on /dev/psaux continues working; unplug/replug of USB mouse resurrects mouse for a while; mouse works fine when booted into Windows]

I tried ["cat /dev/input/mice"] and absolutely no garbage was produced.
How could I "reload" the mouse?
I don't remember if the mouse only stops after inactivity...
The TPad on /dev/psaux continues working.

I think I'd next compare the loaded modules when the mouse is working against the loaded modules when the mouse is not working (lsmod, looking for mouse- and usb-related modules especially). If you find a mouse- or usb-related module while the mouse is working that is not there when the mouse is not working, I'd manually add the module name to "/etc/modules" (which should force the module to load on next reboot (and manually start the module without a reboot with something like "modprobe <module_name>")).

Others may have more knowledge about udev or a similar mechanism, and may therefore provide a better fix should this one prove inadequate.

--
Kent