Re: schroot leaving sessions behind

Anton Piatek wrote:
Wackojacko wrote:
Anton Piatek wrote:
Wackojacko wrote:
Anton Piatek wrote:
It may help if you could give us more information on what myprogram
does, and how it is launched, in the chroot?

In any case you could try
#schroot -e --all-sessions

to kill the existing processes.

mypgrogram is one of: skype, bibblepro (photo editor), firefox (to have
32bit flash). I am sure there are a few others.
Do you have any scripts in the chroot to start them?
Normally I close them down, but often I will just shut down the
computer, maybe that causes it?
Possible
If i use -e --all-sessions will that not kill a running program in
another schroot?

Yes meant to add that caveat.  Maybe add something to a run level 0
and 6 that executes this on shutdown to clean up /var/lib/chroot.
Anton

There is one script... "do_schroot": exec schroot -p -c sid32 -q --
"`basename $0`" "$@"

Looks identical to mine. The problem I had was that I use 64bit Iceweasel most of the time and 32 bit when I need flash so I couldn't have a symbolic link called iceweasel. I called this flashweb which pointed to a script in the chroot, it was this script that launched iceweasel and didn't die properly keeping the schroot session open I think. I solved this by using a symbolic link in the chroot 'flashweb' pointing to iceweasel 32 bit. If you are not using wrapper scripts in the schroot then you probably have a different issue :).

All programs I run are a symbolic link to that script, which figures out
how it was called and then runs that command in the 32 bit schroot. I
could change the paramaters there, but that still wouldnt help as I want
to be able to run several schroot programs.

Would it be better to define one schroot instance and get all programs
to use that explicitly?

It should work how you have it set up so I'm not sure what may be wrong?

Anton

Wackojacko