Re: Openoffice won't display whole document word count in document over 73,763 characters

David Dawson wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a bug in OOo, or what, but it suddenly stopped
> displaying the word count in my document, when I went on typing and
> checked it. I found that by selecting all text, I could get a count, but
> not unless I did so; it would otherwise display 0 words 0 characters for
> the total.
>
> If this is a bug I'd appreciate help filing a report. I checked the
> issuezilla site and a search did not turn up this problem.
>
> I think it might be safer to cut the document in pieces. Any advice?
>
> Thanks
Strangely, I have found that saving and reloading the .odt document cured
the problem - what do you know, eh?

I'd saved it as a .doc file and that might have provoked a problem
somewhere.

Oh well.

Thanks all for your responses.
--
If you wrestle in the mud with a pig.
you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

-- Dave Dawson