Re: Further problems with OOo

Greg Folkert wrote:

> Remember, Debian supports your version currently installed. If you go
> outside Debian and something goes wrong... Debian and its community will
> likely point and laugh, that is if you dare ask...

No they won't. They just won't be of much help because the user (and
troubleshooter) base for an out-of-Debian version will be small on a Debian
list. Just as, in my experience, the OO mailing lists are worthless when
you're reporting trouble with the "old" version in Debian.

A statically-linked version is unlikely to give any trouble since it won't
depend on anything on your installation, but indeed it will be a resource
hog. Just give it a spin. But then I don't know of any features that I need
and that 1.2 didn't have.

--D.