Re: Etch upgrade and keyboard in WindowMaker

Hello!

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 05:14:28PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Hello all.  I upgraded my workstation from Sarge to Etch this weekend.
> The biggest annoynce I have encountered is that my keyboard is "broken"
> in WindowMaker.  That is, alt+tab no longer switches between windows.
> F12 no longer brings up the menu.  F11 no longer brings up the window
> list and alt+# (where # is a number 0-9) no longer switches to the
> appropriate workspace.  I have gone into WPrefs and tried rebinding the
> key combinations.  However, this still does not seem to work.  Has
> anyone else encountered something similar?  If so, can this problem be
> solved?

I use also WindowMaker and I encountered this error too.

If I can rememer correctly, I solve this problem so so I reconfigure
xserver-xorg and set up again my keyboard.

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

So I have in my xorg.conf in the Section "InputDevice" this:

Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
Driver          "kbd"
Option          "CoreKeyboard"
Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
Option          "XkbLayout"     "hu,hr,cs"
Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"

and now I can use alt+tab on my Hungarian keyboard to switch
between windows and alt+# to switch to the approppriate workspace.

--
Regards, Paul Csányi