Etch upgrade and keyboard in WindowMaker

Hello all.  I upgraded my workstation from Sarge to Etch this weekend.
The biggest annoynce I have encountered is that my keyboard is "broken"
in WindowMaker.  That is, alt+tab no longer switches between windows.
F12 no longer brings up the menu.  F11 no longer brings up the window
list and alt+# (where # is a number 0-9) no longer switches to the
appropriate workspace.  I have gone into WPrefs and tried rebinding the
key combinations.  However, this still does not seem to work.  Has
anyone else encountered something similar?  If so, can this problem be
solved?

Regards,

-Roberto

--