Re: php failure with iceweasel

On 4/16/07, Russell L. Harris <rlharris@oplink.net> wrote:
I am unable to log into the web mail screen of my hosting provider,
because iceweasel doesn't know how to handle the php script
"login.php".  iceweasel asks if I wish to open the script or save the
it as a file.

It is really not an iceweasel problem.  It is not supposed to run php
scripts.  They are run on the server to generate HTML, which is sent
to you.  You should save the file when it asks you to and examine it
to see if it is actually php or html.  Look for a '<?php' string in
the saved file to figure that out.

If you find it to be a php script, inform your provider that they have
a configuration error; send them the php script as a demonstration.
If you find it to be HTML, tell us about it.

In its previous incarnation running Etch, the machine was able to log
into the web mail screen.

Could be just a coincidence.  Maybe someone there changed the
configuration in the meantime.

This is a fresh installation of Debian Lenny on an i386 desktop
machine.  I did not knowingly install any of the various PHP packages,
and I cannot find my notes from the previous installation to see what
I may have done to get this working.

You don't need to install any of the php packages if you yourself do
not write php scripts.
--
Kushal