Re: cupsys : forbidden

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 15:01:11 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm getting into a real jam.
> When I did the whole upgrade thing, cupsys disappeared from view and
> uninstalled.
> I couldn't install it because it wasn't found using
> apt-get/dselect/aptitude after several apt-get update cycles.
> So I downloaded the package from the debian website (stable) and installed
> it.
>
> No this is all I get.
>
> It's worked for three years prior to this without any failure or issues.
> Now I can't do a thing.
> Starting to look like a purge and reinstall is my only option because the
> configuration files don't look anything alike in format or form.  new one
> has no notes on the settings.

Did you replace the old CUPS configuration files with the maintainer's
new versions when you upgraded? I think this is strongly recommended
because of the changes in format.

In any case, you need to fix your /etc/apt/sources.list. Something is
seriously broken if you cannot install the current version of the cupsys
package with apt(itude). Please post the output of the following three
commands:

grep '^deb ' /etc/apt/sources.list

apt-cache policy cupsys

aptitude -F "%p%V" search '~i~R^cups!~slibs' | sed 's/ \+/ = /'

--
Regards,
          Florian