Re: cupsys : forbidden

On 2007-04-14T15:01:11-0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I couldn't install it because it wasn't found using
> apt-get/dselect/aptitude after several apt-get update cycles.  So I
> downloaded the package from the debian website (stable) and installed
> it.

Downloading it is fine, but I would still suggest you look into why this
not work.  What does your /etc/apt/sources.list contain?

> Starting to look like a purge and reinstall is my only option because the
> configuration files don't look anything alike in format or form.  new one
> has no notes on the settings.

These days it is not too hard to get going from scratch, so I would not
be too worried about purging the configuration and reinstall.  Are you
accessing the cups web interface remotely?  If so then you may need to
tweak /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (see man cupsd.conf).

/Allan