Re: Gnome - Reading emblems or notes from command line

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 20:36 +0200, Platff wrote:
> Is there any way to read from command prompt the emblems and / or
> notes assigned to a file or folder from gnome's file / folder
> properties dialog?.

They are stored in XML files in ~/.nautilus/metafiles
See this page for a short explanation,
http://linuxboxadmin.com/articles/nautilus.php

I don't know of any stand alone utility to easily read the notes for a
given file, but it shouldn't be too hard to write one.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson