Re: [Multi] Wireless Network Configuration

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 08:46:26PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Michael Pobega(pobega@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
>
> < <--<snip>--> >

>         ^^^^^^^^^  This should be first. as show below.

Didn't change anything.

> > > 1.  Is 1UC68 the AP you want to connect to?
> > > 2.  Is this an open AP?  I have yet to add encryption to my AP so am
> > > not sure about this, but I can't find an 'key2' in the iwconfig man
> > > page. Also if its' open, whay the key??
> > >

> > 1. Yeah, 1UC68 is definitely the right ESSID.
> > 2. And yes, it is. I've configured my computer to connect to it so many
> > times it's one of those combinations that I'll remember when I'm forty
> > years old.
>
> Try commenting out the key then.  It shouldn't be needed on an open AP,
> AFAIK.

It's an open key, but the network is WEP protected.

The problem doesn't seem to be my interfaces file though, for some
reason eth2 isn't being noticed at boot. I do notice though, that I get
a line like this somewhere along the war:

802.11ABG detected

This is all in one line (Although I'm guessing it's from a prolonged
ipw3945 daemon)

This is of course, after networking fails.

- --
 <o) Debian GNU/Linux - Free as in Freedom
 /\\ http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Debian site and blog
_\_V Window Maker user, Debian enthusiast, Mutt lover