Re: [Multi] Wireless Network Configuration

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:14:35PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Michael Pobega(pobega@gmail.com) is reported to have said:

> > And also, my /etc/network/interfaces (Sorry about not posting it before)
> >
> > > [pobega]$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
> > > # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> > > # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
> > >
> > > iface eth2 inet dhcp
> > >    wireless-essid 1UC68
> > >    wireless-key1 0FB3-D18E-79
> > >    wireless-keymode open
> > >
> > > auto eth2
>
> 1.  Is 1UC68 the AP you want to connect to?
> 2.  Is this an open AP?  I have yet to add encryption to my AP so am
> not sure about this, but I can't find an 'key2' in the iwconfig man
> page. Also if its' open, whay the key??

1. Yeah, 1UC68 is definitely the right ESSID.
2. And yes, it is. I've configured my computer to connect to it so many
times it's one of those combinations that I'll remember when I'm forty
years old.

> Anyway here is my working interfaces for a different card.
>
> auto eth1
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
>     pre-up modprobe ipw2100
>     pre-up ifconfig eth1 mtu 1492
>     post-down rmmod ipw2100
>
> Again.  This is for an open AP here.

Should I pre-up modprobing? And what are you doing exactly with the
ifconfig command?

- --
 <o) Debian GNU/Linux - Free as in Freedom
 /\\ http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Debian site and blog
_\_V Window Maker user, Debian enthusiast, Mutt lover