Re: Just installed lenny/sid ... wanted etch

If you're stuck with only that CD and can't burn another (I was in
this position a couple days ago), you can still use the Testing
NetInst CD to install Etch.

Just before you are about to choose the packages to install (before
you've opened the menu item in the installer to start that (if you
already have, just "go back" to the installer menu)), open a second
screen (CTRL-SHIFT-2, then ENTER) and do this:

chroot /target
nano /etc/apt/sources.list
#(modify this file to change "testing" or "lenny" to "etch", then save)
apt-get update
exit
exit

And then go back to your installer (CTRL-SHIFT-1) and open the menu
item to choose your packages (tasksel) and it should now be in
Etch-land.  Continue as normal.

(I typed this from memory.  Sorry if any of it is off!  But I'm pretty
sure it's right.)

Dusty