Re: Just installed lenny/sid ... wanted etch

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 16:30 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> I downloaded what the http://cdimage.debian.org page
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/
> stated was Etch. After running netinst successfully, I got to the login prompt
> and there it said 'lenny/sid'. This came as a surprise, because I actually want
> etch.

The daily-builds page needs to be updated to correctly mention that
testing is now called lenny. Do notice that the page mentions testing
over and over again, nothing there about stable.

> Now slightly too late I found the 'last minute notes' at the bottom of the page
> http://www.debian.org/CD/ but only after reading the whole thing.
>
>  From a useability stand-point that 'last minute notes' should have been at the
> top of the page. That's the page I landed on and I read down only as far as the
> first link I needed ('download minimal bootable cd image'), so of course I
> missed the message until i discovered I'd installed the wrong release.

The last minute notes talks about ending up with sarge in sources.list,
not lenny.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson