Just installed lenny/sid ... wanted etch

I downloaded what the http://cdimage.debian.org page http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/ stated was Etch. After running netinst successfully, I got to the login prompt and there it said 'lenny/sid'. This came as a surprise, because I actually want etch.

So I figure the netinst iso image at http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r0/i386/iso-cd/ is the etch one.

Now slightly too late I found the 'last minute notes' at the bottom of the page http://www.debian.org/CD/ but only after reading the whole thing.

From a useability stand-point that 'last minute notes' should have been at the top of the page. That's the page I landed on and I read down only as far as the first link I needed ('download minimal bootable cd image'), so of course I missed the message until i discovered I'd installed the wrong release.

Or you could put it on the top of the netinst page. Or on the daily builds page.

There you go.

Otherwise the lenny netinst install went quite well!

regards
Adam