Re: [debian-user] The List Standard

Chris Lale wrote:
David E. Fox wrote:

[...]
Normally, one should just reply-to list, and it's considered bad form
to mail the poster directly, unless asked to do so.

In Thunderbird (Icedove), either

click on "Reply All", change "debian-user@lists.debian.org" from "Cc:" to "To:"
and delete any other "Cc:" or "To:" lines;
Took this advice. I will see how it turns out until I get that extension you mentioned.

Also, I'm getting some static about my email wrapping.

I've got Thunderbird (Tools>Options>Wrapping) set to to 72 which is the default standard. But I'm willing to change it to something else. What would that be?

Also, I am here using an embedded comment to your embedded comment as most list members seem to want to do it that way. I have been using threads for a while but when I first came to the list the threads were turned off. Some responders to my email seem to think I am advocating Top loading which I am not. I simply remarked that many in business insist on Top loading. I am doing some negotiations with a very large company and they put their reply at the very top of the original message. Also, when I worked for a large Telco they did the same thing. It was only after getting involved with Linux email issues that I even realized there were other and better ways of transmitting email messages.

Thanks, hope your recommendations work out. Here goes!
or

install the "Reply To List" extension [1] and use Ctrl-I to initiate a reply.

[...]

[1] http://open.nit.ca/wiki/?ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

Hope that's useful.