[debian-user] The List Standard

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/du-guidelines.html

This helps a lot but I have a few issues with a couple of the statements.
First:  as I understand your guideline I am not to use the reply key but simply address my reply back to the list and it will be automatically added to the descending list. But have you not in your own email broken the chain of information because all I get when I read your email is to see your one extraction and I don't know from that who said what or even the initial subject content. Not every one has threads. In a thread before yours this statement was made:
'
AFAIK Thunderbird can thread even if the subject is changed. (It uses
the 'In-Reply-To:' header)"
This person seems to imply that normally the subject is the key to establishing the descending threads.  And if Thunderbird for example utilizes the REPLY TO header then that is at odds with what you seem to be saying in this guideline.  So I am confused on this matter.

Also my original subject had [debian-user] as the prefix yet Thunderbird accepted Re: The list Standard.

Second: Also, when one person removes content they think is irrelevant but the original author might think otherwise then how does one find that original information?
Third: Altering the original content or injecting statements adds more confusion than it saves especially if a lot of people are in disagreement with one another.

Anyway, I have in this email not used the REPLY TO key and addressed my response to you using the original subject in order to see what actually happens.
Note that I have 3 objections I want to discuss in more detail if that is okay with you.

Thanks -- Ted