Re: Disk logical backup tools

- Tong - schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any tools that can backup disk partitions logically, for both
> Linux & Windoze partitions?
>
> By logical backup I meant, at least the backup tools don't do blind sector
> to sector backup. Ideally it would be something like Norton Ghost. I hope
> I can use it to backup Windoze partitions under Linux, and restore to
> VmWare virtual drives.

Today I was also looking for a disk image tool, and came across this
list of tools:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/backupandimage.shtml

I ended up using SystemRescueCD, after trying PiNG (Ping is not Ghost).
Both were based on partimage, and if I remember correctly claimed to
support NTFS via captive driver.

Hope that helps,
Guido