Re: Disk logical backup tools

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 04:24:33 +0000, - Tong - wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any tools that can backup disk partitions logically, for both
> Linux & Windoze partitions? ...
>
> Last time I checked, about a year or two ago, such tools didn't exist
> under Linux...

Thanks everyone for the respond.

I tried Partimage before when it was v0.6.2. But by then it was not
totally a logical backup tool. E.g., it insisted that partition size has
to be exactly the same, during back/restore. This is insane. Hope this has
been fixed. Anybody has such positive experience with Partimage?

FYI, here is what I have noted when I tried it:

partition size has to be exactly the same

The partition is too small to be restored:
Original partition
size:........2097414144 bytes
Destination partition
size:.....1052803584 bytes

I only have 427M used on it, which should well fit into the 1G destination
drive. With this limitation, I think by now partimage is practically
useless.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/