Re: GPL v3?

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 10:58:49AM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> I wasn't suggesting an OT diversion.  I am wondering if anyone who reads
> these things better than me sees any problems with v3 in relation to
> Debian.  As in, if gcc or any of the fundamental GNU utils (we are
> GNU/Linux) comes down in a new version (say the next gcc for example) at
> GPL v3, will this prove a problem.  Right now, a lot of GNU docs aren't
> included (e.g. see tar man page) because they're under the GFDL with
> some clauses incompatible with Debian.  Is there any concern that GNU
> utils (not docs) will become incompatible?

Can anybody explain what is the difference between GPL v2 and GPL v3.
And why is versionn 3 considered not good by some people,
also same for version 2.
How was GPL v2 used that it has raised the need for new version?
Bare in maind that I could read both licences but probably would not
understand what is there talking about. Actually I read GPL v2
and as I understand it is:
if you use code under GPL your program has too be under GPL.
Is this not correct (somebody suggested that come companies find legal
way to use GPL code for proprietary program - how to)?

Misko