Re: Motherboard recommendations

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 12:01 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/30/07 22:44, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > Note to the OP.  You want to use a few IDE devices.  This board only has
>
> Am I misunderstanding?  Why should he use multiple IDE devices if
> the mobo only has one IDE port?

>From the OP:

"failure and will likely do a clean install of Etch.  The components
which I currently have that I'd like to carry over are:

 - AGP nVidia GeForce 5900 (unless there's good dual-head onboard video)
 - 3Com PCI NIC (for dual-homed network, unless dual-LAN is available)
 - 2 x IDE HDDs
 - 1 x IDE DVD-ROM & 1 x IDE DVD+-RW "

Ciao!

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,