Re: Blog clients and the new Blogger Atom API

On 30 Mar 2007, Matthew K Poer wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 29 Mar 2007, Matthew K Poer wrote:
> >> Celejar wrote:
> > [snip]
> >> But then, Blogger isn't OSS anyway. Wordpress is. I recommend it
> >> completely over anything else out there. You can use wordpress.com, or
> >> get a free web host and do it yourself (recommended). Installation is
> >> almost 100% automatic from the wordpress-version#.tar.gz file. And
> >> actually, it should be able to import your blogger posts, or typepad,
> >> or whatever you may have used before.
> >>
> >> I like WP. I feel compelled to share my WP Love banner:
> >> http://matthewpoer.freehostia.com/WPdedication.gif
> >>

> > I used WP for quite a time but eventually something went wrong with its
> > password and I could no longer edit anything or post. So I changed to
> > Serendipity and have found it a better choice.
> >
> > Anthony
> >
> You could always md5 a new password, then manually edit your database
> (with mysql client or PHPMyAdmin). Also, doesn't WP have a Reset
> Password function?
>
> --
> Matthew K Poer

I tried all of this at the time but none of it seemed to work. I could
still access the database but WP no longer could. Anyhow, now that I've
moved to Serendipity I find I prefer it. One good thing about it is that
the main author is regularly on the users' forum so if problems arise
you get answers straight from the horse's mouth.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian