Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 02:40:22PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Every time I see a Cajun Cuisine restaurant, I laugh at how stupid
> people are.  Cajun food is (ok, *was*) about as poor-folks as you
> can get.

The same can be said of barbacoa (originally a Mexican peasant food),
paella (originally a Spanish peasant food), and another Brazilian food a
friend told me about (which name escapes me at the moment).

Of course, potatoes were long seen as a peasant food until Louis (IIRC,
though I forget which Louis it was) planted a royal garden with potatoes
and set guards around it.  Then it became high class food staple.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez