Re: fvwm vs. fvwm-crystal

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:32:55PM -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:
> I'll definitely give it a try sometime tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not
> saying I'd dump Window Maker for it ;P
>
> Sounds pretty promising though. Besides running an xbindkeys
> pseudo-daemon is there any way to set hotkeys in fvwm? I figure I'm
> best off asking because fvwm is so configurable, I'd actually be
> surprised if it didn't have a way to set hotkeys from inside of it.
> And I practically live off of hotkeys, so it would be very
> appreciated, and definitely improve my experience :)

Are you refering to key bindings or menu hotkeys?

This may help to get started.
http://www.zensites.net/fvwm/guide/index.html

I'll have to confess, I'm only starting to look at customisation myself
as pretty much anything I need to do is just a menu choice away.

All I have done so far is change the menu colors, a gold text on a blue
background :-)

Its *all* in the manpage. Get a hold of other people's .fvwmrc files
available on the Net.

--
Chris.
======