Re: nVidia MCP55 (was: Slow internet on AMD64 running Etch)

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:56:28PM -0700, Dave Stephenson wrote:
> On Mar 27, 5:50 pm, Wayne Topa <linux...@intergate.com> wrote:
> > Dave Stephenson(dastephenson...@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> >

> > Did you do /etc/init/d/networking force-reload
> > after adding this to th interfaces file?
> >

> no, I just rebooted

No need. A restart of the particular service/program is all that is
usually required. A kernel upgrade is, if I understand correctly
the only time you need to reboot.

Apparently, most hardware failure occurs when the system is booting.

--
Chris.
======