Re: Blog clients and the new Blogger Atom API

On 3/29/07, Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com> wrote:
Blogger Beta, or Blogger 2, or whatever it is called now, drastically
changed the API. They moved from static to database-driven posting,
changed the template system, etc. The change even broke Google's own
Picasa's "Post Photos to Blog" functionality. If there is a debian
packaged-client for Blogger, it sure won't be in stable.

The change to a database really screwed over my ability to back up my
blog to my harddrive.  A "wget --mirror" goes into an apparently
infinite hell of auto-generated query-string URLS.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh