Re: Truetype Fonts Sarge 3.1

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:50:07 -0500
Dave Workshop <carol.dave.walker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Liam for the tips. The command (run as root)
>
> fc-cache -fv
>
> produced this output;

[...]

> fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts": caching, 60
> fonts, 0 dirs

[...]

> fc-cache: succeeded
>
> and the command fc-list the following (excuse the verbosity)
>
> Verdana:style=Regular,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta

[...]

> But, alas, I still don't see any true-type fonts available in Gnome or
> its applications. I looked in the desktop configuration, Abiword, and
> Gnumeric for the new fonts. I also tried to log out and in again to
> Debian both as root and as a normal user, but no success.
>
> Any additional suggestions??

Sorry, I'm stumped. The snippets above indicate that Verdana and
friends *should* be available to GTK2 applications, and to any other
application which uses fontconfig. As a matter of interest, do you have
any QT or KDE applications installed? The fonts should be available to
them too.