Re: How to compile

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:56:03 -0600
"Teilhard Knight" <teilhk@nerdshack.com> wrote:

> Teilhard Knight wrote:
>
>> I have an AMD64 box and I was looking to install the AMD64 Etch port.
>> Only
>> problem with that is that I want either Gnome or preferably KDE to go
>> with
>> it, and that port doesn't include those environments. Then I went 32 >> bit >> and installed the KDE version of i386. Now, I want to compile my >> driver >> module for my wireless nic. I am ready with everything, except that I >> do >> not know what packages I should install in Debian in order to be able >> to >> compile. I tries naively supposing I could compile out of the box and >> it
>> failed. Could you help?
>>
>> Teilhard.
>
> What is the chipset used by your wireless card? You can find this info > by > looking at the output of "lspci -v" command. Most likely you need to > use
> module-assistant to compile drivers for your wireless cards.

I didn't use that command, but I know that my wireless nic's chip is Atmel.
Do I need module-assistant? Where do I find it? How do I use it?

The driver (at76c50x) is apparently in 2.6 kernels (no m-a necessary).
You'll need firmware; see the atmel-firmware (in non-free) package.

Celejar

Thank you for your feedback. The module is called now at76_usb, at least the Berlios one. I have already compiled it and installed it and now my wireless nic is working.

Teilhard.