Re: How to compile

Teilhard Knight wrote:

I have an AMD64 box and I was looking to install the AMD64 Etch port. Only problem with that is that I want either Gnome or preferably KDE to go with
it, and that port doesn't include those environments. Then I went 32 bit
and installed the KDE version of i386. Now, I want to compile my driver
module for my wireless nic. I am ready with everything, except that I do
not know what packages I should install in Debian in order to be able to
compile. I tries naively supposing I could compile out of the box and it
failed. Could you help?

Teilhard.

What is the chipset used by your wireless card? You can find this info by
looking at the output of "lspci -v" command. Most likely you need to use
module-assistant to compile drivers for your wireless cards.

I didn't use that command, but I know that my wireless nic's chip is Atmel. Do I need module-assistant? Where do I find it? How do I use it?

Teilhard.