Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

Michael M. wrote:
You don't have to defend Debian, at least not to me.  Just don't try to
pretend that it is the perfect solution for everyone.  The things you
are suggesting are routinely and actively discouraged on this list --
apt-pinning, mixing branches.  Yes you *can* do it, but be prepared to
face the chorus of "you should be sticking to stable" when you ask for
help with something that's not working.  Likewise, you could make Debian

I do agree with many of the things you said in this e-mail, but I have to say that I've never had the "you should be sticking to stable" chorus in any of my questions as of yet. On the contrary, the list has been very useful in finding answers to my questions, even though I use mixes of Etch and Sid.

Cassiano