Re: more sound problems

> Firstly: Are you a part of the "audio" group? If not, that will make
> everything cranky. You can fix this by adding yourself to the audio
> group. It'll just say "The user <user> is already a member of audio"
> example:

>         princess:~# adduser greg audio
>         The user `greg' is already a member of `audio'.

Thanks, that was the issue.  In attempting to fix syncing with jpilot,
and pilot-link, I briefly browsed the Users and Groups gui program
(under the Desktop menu of Gnome) and I must have deselected myself
from audio.  Anyway, audio is now working, and syncing with jpilot is
also working (I must have selected something right).  I think I'll
stick to using the command line for adding my user to groups -- the
gui program is too touchy.

Thanks again.

Mark