Cannot retrieve bug reports; Severe problem!

I'm having trouble with apt tonight, and it's really getting in my
way!

Whenever I try to install anything, apt always pauses on retrieving
bug reports:

0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 44 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/142kB of archives. After unpacking 430kB will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... 0%

I have no idea why it pauses here, and I've asked a friend who has
Debian and his works fine. I just always freeze at retrieving bug
reports and I can't figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is stopping me from using Apt!