Re: 2nd try: anybody familiar with php4-curl?

Kevin Mark wrote:
Generally, when you install a php4-foo package, you need to add the
'extension=foo.so' to the php configuration and then restart apache.
Would it make sense to add a wishlist bug to phpX-foo to 'detect
apacheX' and then either ask or automatically add this line to
/etc/phpX/apacheX/php.ini?
(I expect it to be documented in the README.debian,iirc, although I dont
use any of these to know)

Good points!

I checked the README.debian and other files that ship with php4-curl (at least in stable) and there's no explicit statement I can find about adding the extension=curl.so to php.ini - sort of surprising, actually. Don't know if that's been changed for versions beyond stable.

I think I'll go file a wishlist request.

Miles