2nd try: anybody familiar with php4-curl?

[Sent this a week or so back - never received a single reply... so, one more try... Thanks... Miles]

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to install a package that requires curl support, and it's installer tells me that curl isn't enabled.

I'm running Debian Sarge, Apache2, PHP-4, and I thought I had installed php4-curl when I did my initial installs (apt-get install php4-curl) tells me that it's up to date.

The documentation on the PHP site tells me that curl requires that PHP be compiled with --with-curl, but phpinfo tells me it wasn't.

Which leads to three questions:

1. do I have to do something during my install to get PHP and cURL working right (like a manual compile) (I would think that the package installer would take care of that)?

2. if all is installed properly, is there a config. line I need to set somewhere to enable cURL

3. is there a better place to ask this question?

Thanks very much,

Miles