Re: 2nd try: anybody familiar with php4-curl?

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 01:24:16AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 05:36:51PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried adding the line 'extension=curl.so' to the php4 config
> > file: /etc/php4/apache2/php.ini
> >
> > Generally, when you install a php4-foo package, you need to add the
> > 'extension=foo.so' to the php configuration and then restart apache.
> Would it make sense to add a wishlist bug to phpX-foo to 'detect
> apacheX' and then either ask or automatically add this line to
> /etc/phpX/apacheX/php.ini?
> (I expect it to be documented in the README.debian,iirc, although I dont
> use any of these to know)

I don't think it is reasonable to expect that the package detect which
versions of PHP are installed and then update the configs.  PHP can be
installed in a CLI, CGI, apache or apache2 flavor (and possible others).
The best thing is for it to be documented.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez