Re: Cannot retrieve bug reports; Severe problem!

On March 24, 2007 11:19:32 pm Michael Pobega wrote:
> I'm having trouble with apt tonight, and it's really getting in my
> way!
>
> Whenever I try to install anything, apt always pauses on retrieving
> bug reports:
>
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 44 not
> upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/142kB of archives. After unpacking 430kB will be used.
> Writing extended state information... Done
> Reading package fields... Done
> Reading package status... Done
> Retrieving bug reports... 0%
>
> I have no idea why it pauses here, and I've asked a friend who has
> Debian and his works fine. I just always freeze at retrieving bug
> reports and I can't figure out why.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, as this is stopping me from using Apt!

You can still use apt as it will time out eventually and you get the option to
continue on with what you are doing. It just did it to me here as it did a
couple of weeks ago other than that it has worked fine.

Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... 0% W: Connection timed out - connect(2)
(bugs.donarmstrong.com, #80)
Error retrieving bug reports
Retry downloading bug information?[Y/n]? n
Abort the installation[Y/n]? n
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
Reading changelogs... Done
apt-listchanges: Do you want to continue? [Y/n]? y

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc