Re: getmail configuration (How to run fetchmail as daemon at startup)

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 10:03:22PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> > > Getmail was designed to deliver directly to Maildir:
> > >
> > > [destination]
> > > type = Maildir
> > > path = ~/Maildir/
> > >
> > > or through an MDA (mail delivery agent) like maildrop:
> > >
> > > [destination]
> > > type = MDA_external
> > > path = /usr/bin/maildrop
> > > unixfrom = true
> > >
> > > Delivery through reinjection in a mail queue is not officially
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > supported as it can break many things if not done properly. And if
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > you know how to do it properly you don't need to ask ;)

OK, I have to be more careful in what I ask ---

1.) What is 'reinjection in a mail queue'? Where can I learn how this
differs from whatever is being done by fetchmail as an example case?
Or does fetchmail also do reinjection in a mail queue?

2.) What are a few of the things that break? Where can I learn more
about them? What terms should I key into Google to get a reasonable
reading list on this topic?

3.) In the context of getmail setup, is exim4 also a MDA?

4.) In addition to these simple questions, what intelligent questions
should I have asked on this topic?