Re: getmail configuration (How to run fetchmail as daemon at startup)

Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> wrote:

> My mail is in ~/.Maildir, accessed by dovecot-imapd, delived to by
> postfix.  How can I configure getmail to deliver mail through postfix
> or dovecot?  I don't know what fetchmail does, but I don't think it
> delivers directly to ~/.Maildir.  Also, I haven't ever had problems
> with fetchmail configured this way.  Debian Etch.

Getmail was designed to deliver directly to Maildir:

[destination]
type = Maildir
path = ~/Maildir/

or through an MDA (mail delivery agent) like maildrop:

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/maildrop
unixfrom = true

Delivery through reinjection in a mail queue is not officially
supported as it can break many things if not done properly. And if you
know how to do it properly you don't need to ask ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)