Re: getmail configuration

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 15:52 -0500, Owen Heisler wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 22:28 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Can I not send mail to the Postfix MDA somehow?  What I essentially
> > > want to end up with is for postfix to exist somehow between getmail
> > > and ~/.Maildir so that only Postfix is writing to ~/.Maildir and any
> > > spam filtering I set up with Postfix will check the mail retrieved by
> > > getmail too.  And if I change my mail configuration/location, getmail
> > > configuration doesn't need to be changed.
>
> I will try configuring getmail to use sendmail with MDA_external.
> I'll let you know how it goes; thanks for your help.

sendmail seems to work fine in getmailrc:

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
arguments = ("-i", "owenh@localhost")

getmail only accepts a single "retriever" section (a single account), so
for multiple accounts multiple rc files must be used, then referred to
using "getmail -r $rcfile1 -r $rcfile2".

Thanks again for your help.