Re: sendmail hostname configured as an empty string

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:12:18AM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:

> How many times do I have to tell you this is not my decision to make?
> If it was up to my I'd use Exim4.  I've used it successfully in the past
> with applications that specifically called for sendmail, but the person
> I'm doing the for has required me to use sendmail.
>
> Think I'd be knocking my head against the wall when there is something
> much easier to use if I had a choice?
>
> Anyway, thanks for nothing.

Well, I am not a sendmail guru (heck, I don't even know anything at all
about sendmail).  I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that
there are options even for cases where sendmail is hard-coded.  You are
clearly aware that there are options.  I am sorry that your client is
being so obstinate.

The best thing I can say is to get O'Reilly's Sendmail 3/e.  I have
heard good reviews of it from people who use sendmail in production.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez