Re: ACPI Problems [was: Re: Speeding up boot time]

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Cassiano Leal wrote:
I didn't have ACPI on in my BIOS. After activating it, dmesg shows ACPI supporting S0, S1, S2, S4, S5 and S6, but not S3. Is this a hardware/BIOS limitation, or can it be overcome in software?

hardware/BIOS.  What machine is this?

It's an old VM7000 made by RM. It's possible to get a bit of info about the Samsung VM7000 on the net. It is the same machine, but from a different manufacturer.

It's got a Celeron Coppermine 500MHz and 128Mb of RAM. The HDD and battery are new, for obvious reasons! :p

Cheers!
Cassiano