Re: sendmail hostname configured as an empty string

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 08:48:19AM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
I see this has been asked before, but being the total sendmail newbie that I am, and that Debian uses sendmailconfig to configure sendmail I am not quite sure as to how to proceed.

Out of curiousity, if you are a total sendmail newbie, why not just try
something like Exim or Postfix?

Regards,

-Roberto

Not my choice. I'm setting this up for someone else who has hard-coded sendmail into his apps and is afraid that using exim4 instead of sendmail will break them. I tried to get him to use exim4 but he wasn't about to change his mind.