Re: Speeding up boot time

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Cassiano Leal wrote:
Just one thing, though... When I 'echo -n mem > /sys/power/state', it responds it can't write to the file. 'echo -n disk > /sys/power/state' works flawlessly, though.

You are missing suspend-to-ram (S3) functionality in the kernel or in your
ACPI system.

I'll check that when I get back home.

I'm pretty sure that I have all ACPI options compiled as modules in the kernel, though. What do you mean by 'your ACPI system'? Some sort of BIOS setting?

Thanks for the reply!
Cassiano