Re: Installation advice needed for a really stable desktop machine

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 12:50 +0100, Joe Hart wrote:

> With 4 GB of RAM, you probably don't need a swap at all.  Since you have
> a duel core machine, make sure you use an smp kernel.  Everything should
> work fine and you'll have a fine system that I and others can be jealous
> over.

I thought all the kernels were SMP-enabled now, no?  Didn't Debian do
away with the distinction between SMP and non-SMP kernels?  At least,
when I look at what's available with aptitude, all the kernel images
labelled with "-smp" are given as "for transition only."

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions