Re: Debian for Desktop [Was: Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock]

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 09:25:09AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > to happen.  Debian includes desktop users but is not focused on them.
> > But recently there was some interest in a 'desktop' group in debian
> > to focus on this for lenny.
>
> Do you mean http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop ?
>
> They are working since sarge was testing, and that is a looong time.
> But some of their goals have been reached.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
Yes, that is the one. It was because of some recent talk IIRC on -devel
that I should have said 'renewed talk and interest'. Obviously improving
the desktop experience with 16,000 packages is a bit harder than the
1000 that ubuntu uses :-) Not to mention more WMs.