Re: No text mode display after grub

On 2007-03-21 @ 19:12:39 (week 12) Florian Kulzer wrote:

> Let me just quickly correct my earlier statement: I think the Debian
> Linux source packages have the "modular vesafb" option removed anyway
> because it caused trouble in the past. I half remembered this and then I
> mixed things up a bit when I wrote the previous mail. You probably got a
> "module not found" error.

I don't think I saw "module not found" in the log. I did see another one
though:

Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason a0 on CPU 0

That's what I got when X slowed down to a sloth's pace.

I haven't got the faintest idea what it means. I'll look it up this
weekend.

> If you still want to try out features of the 2.6.20 kernel without much
> hassle then you can use one of the Debian Linux images which are
> available if you add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel trunk main

That's great. I didn't know about that one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Grx HdV