Re: OT: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

On 19 Mar, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 09:33:32AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
>> Paul Johnson wrote:
>> >Heh, Texans (and for that matter, most of the desert southwest and
>> >California) crack me up in thinking that they get weather more than
>> >30 days out of any given year...
>> >
> Hmm.  When I lived in Texas I am pretty sure that we had weather every
> day of the year.  They have even had weather when I have gone back to
> visit family.
>

>> True. So very true. The many long months of uninterrupted
>> precipitation-less heat is the one thing I dislike about living in
>> the Lone Star state. (It's still officially winter, and here it was
>> 80 yesterday (83 expected today) (which, of course, is nothing
>> compared to
>
> Boy, do I miss Texas!

     On the other hand, having grown up and spent most of my life so
far in the Northeast, I'd have a real hard time leaving it, especially
during the fall and winter.  First full day of spring here, and it
was 0 F at our house this morning (-15 in central Adirondacks).  Well,
OK, that's unusual for so late in the year, but not record-setting.

     I suppose that there may come a day when I don't enjoy the winter,
but at 50+ it hasn't happened yet.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |