distro for 486 with 32 MB ram

I have a 486 with 32 MB ram, ISA bus NIC, currently running Sarge.  Now
that Etch RC2 is out I'm starting to plan for the future of this box.
The Etch install manual says that it needs 64 MB ram.  I know that Sarge
will continue to be supported for a while but I may as well start
planning.

I know: someone will give me the proverbial quarter and tell me to get a
real computer :)

I never could run Sarge's installer re memory so went with Woody and
upgraded.  I can try that with Etch but want to have a fall-back
position in case the attempt hoses.  I'm on very slow dialup so getting
back to where its at now would take a few weeks.  Since Sarge's aptitude
takes a few minutes to load (due to the size of the packages file), I
fear that Etch will take proportionally longer and run out of memory.

This box has two purposes:
	a remote access to my main Athlon box
	a toolbox: something that can get on the internet for email and
		lynx incase something happens to the Athlon box and I
		need to contact this list.

All I really need:
	base install
	mc (well, I don't _need_ it but it is convenient)
	vim
	ssh
	mutt
	lynx
	ppp

And would like python, gftp, rsync, wget

I want a distribution with security support since if I didn't want that
I could just stick with Woody.

DamnSmallLinux needs to boot from a CD.  The 486 will only boot from
floppy or hard drive.

FreeBSD will run, does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks,

Doug.