Re: web browser choices

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 20:11 -0400, Matthew K Poer wrote:

> I'm using Epiphany with Fluxbox WM right now. It works. I like it better
> than Firefox (1.0.4 Sarge) for most things, because it's faster.

Interesting.  I didn't think Epiphany would work very well outside a
Gnome environment.  I really like Epiphany and mostly use Gnome anyway,
but when I feel like a change of WMs I use Iceweasel as my web browser.
I'll have to try sticking with Epiphany even when not using Gnome.

> I like Firefox better if I want to use one of the extensions.

One Firefox/Iceweasel extension I like is for quick access to Google
Notebook, which I make use of sometimes.  I guess I could use some other
means of quick copy/paste from the web if I stopped using Iceweasel
altogether.  That's the only one of my favorite extensions I can think
of that isn't available for Epiphany.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions