Re: Favorite Email/Calender/PIM and Why

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 20:26 -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
>  > On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:25:22 -0400
>
> Personally, for PIM, I use my Palm.  Even if you don't have a palm, you
> could use one of the palm syncers, like gnome-pilot and never sync...
>
> Before that, I used Remind or a postgresql/python cobble when my main
> box was my 486 (now its an Athlon).  Before that, I just used a plain
> text file that I wrote in a consistant format so I could use sort on it.
>
> For email, I use mutt.
>
> What is the advantage of having a PIM integrated with email?  That's
> what VCs are for.
>
> Doug.

Well, I'd like a graphical application. I know Mutt exists... but I'd
rather something a bit more user-friendly. I'm pretty comfortable with
package management with aptitude, but I'd like my mail to be a little
prettier. Also, I get Dilbert comics in my email, which I doubt Mutt
would display.

Same for calender program. I want a GUI.

They do not necessarily need to be integrated. It's nice to have an
all-in-one program, but if there were separate components, that would be
alright with me. As long as I find something somewhat lean, and very
functional, I'll be happy.

(i'd also not have to install KDE just for Kontact... but if it's just
the most functional thing around, I might do it)

--
Matthew K Poer